Last Revised: June 1, 2021
This Membership Portal is offered and available for non-commercial educational purposes to users who generally reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions, subject to the license agreement his/her school district or school has entered into with CCI (“License Agreement”) for use of the Licensed Content (as such term is defined in the License Agreement, or if no License Agreement exists, “Licensed Content” shall mean all CCI materials and Rancee Publishing materials, including, without limitation, discrete chapters, worksheets, text, images, video, audio, and any other content in the materials section made available to users through our website and Membership Portal. By using our website, you represent and warrant that you meet the applicable foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet the applicable requirements, you must not access or use the Membership Portal on our website.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the CCI website and Membership Portal.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Membership Portal on the CCI Website or portions of it using your username, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to, or use of, your username or password, or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The CCI website and its Licensed Content, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by CCI, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print copies of downloadable materials only in the section of our Membership Portal that is clearly marked Downloadable Materials. It is expected that these downloads will be used for your own personal, non-commercial educational use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution or any commercial use.
You must not do any of the following without the permission of CCI:
- Modify or reformat copies of any materials or Licensed Content available on this Website or in our Membership Portal.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site, or hold out the Licensed Content or any other materials (including, without limitation, CCI’s recommended teaching methods) as your own.
- Develop your own teaching methods and hold them out as CCI-recommended methods because CCI offers extensive training for teachers and professionals to ensure the materials are taught in a consistent manner with fidelity.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the CCI Website or Membership Portal or any services or materials available through the CCI Website or Membership Portal.
If you wish to make any use of material on the CCI Website or Membership Portal other than that set out in this section, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Choice Initiative, Inc. (CCI), the CCI logo and all related names, logos, taglines, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of CCI or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of CCI. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the CCI website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate CCI, a CCI employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or usernames associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the CCI website and Membership Portal, or which, as determined by us, may harm CCI or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the CCI website and Membership Portal in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the CCI website and Membership Portal or interfere with any other user’s authorized use of the CCI website and Membership Portal, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the CCI website and Membership Portal.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the CCI website and Membership Portal for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the CCI website and Membership Portal.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the CCI website and Membership Portal for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the CCI website and Membership Portal.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the CCI website and Membership Portal, the server on which the CCI website and Membership Portal is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the CCI website and Membership Portal.
- Attack the CCI website and Membership Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the CCI website and Membership Portal.
The CCI Website and Membership Portal may contain message boards, forums, bulletin boards, the ability for users to link or copy the Licensed Content or materials, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (collectively, “post”) Licensed Content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the CCI website and Membership Portal.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not CCI, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. CCI is not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other users of the CCI website and Membership Portal.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
CCI has the right to: (1) remove or refuse to post or allow the linking to any User Contributions for any or no reason in its sole discretion; (2) take any action (including, without limitation, any legal action) with respect to any User Contribution that CCI deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion; and (3) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the CCI website and Membership Portal for any or no reason.
Without limiting the foregoing, CCI has the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing CCI to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the CCI website and Membership Portal. YOU HEREBY WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS CCI (AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS) FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
CCI will not undertake to review all material before it is posted on or through the CCI website and Membership Portal, and CCI cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, CCI assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. CCI has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must, in their entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act, or promote any sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other protected class.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of CCI or any other person.
- Impersonate any person, misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, or be likely to deceive or mislead any person.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that the User Contributions emanate from or are endorsed by CCI or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the CCI website and Membership Portal is made available for general information and educational purposes for the users. While we endeavor to provide accurate and error-free educational materials, we cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the CCI website and Membership Portal, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this website from time to time, but the content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the CCI website and Membership Portal may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material unless such obligation is provided in the applicable License Agreement or any Other Agreement.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
Linking to the Website
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our prior written consent.
You must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the CCI website and Membership Portal or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the CCI website and Membership Portal other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Website to Third-Party Sites and Resources
This website includes links to content provided by third-parties, which may include materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. These links are provided for your convenience only. The third-party sites and resources may include advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by CCI, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing these materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CCI.
We have no control over the contents of such third-party sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the CCI website and Membership Portal will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OTHER THAN AS PROVIDED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT OR OTHER AGREEMENT, THIS WEBSITE, ITS LICENSED CONTENT AND ANY OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER CCI NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH CCI MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER CCI NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH CCI REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MEMBERSHIP PORTAL WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
CCI HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CCI, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE CCI WEBSITE AND MEMBERSHIP PLATFOR OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE CCI WEBSITE AND MEMBERSHIP PLATFORM, OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously and we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement. If you believe any materials accessible on the CCI website and Membership Portal infringe your copyright, you may notify CCI by submitting written notification to email@example.com.
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Children’s Choice Initiative, Inc.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the CCI website and Membership Portal should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: June 1, 2021